- If you have an iLab account, please login at the top right or use this link https://ilab.sbpdiscovery.org/
- If you do not have an iLab account, please click HERE to request an account. All fields are required.
- You must have a Customer ID and iLab account to request services from this facility.
- To obtain a Customer ID please email Eveline Hernandez at email@example.com
- To obtain an iLab account, please click HERE.
Forgot your password? Please click HERE.
Overview of Services
We provide variety of protein production services including cloning, expression testing and optimization, development of protein purification protocols, and in-house production of purified proteins. E. coli, insect (SF9, baculovirus) and mammalian (293) systems are available for protein expression.
Our analytical services are focused on biophysical characterization of structural and functional properties of proteins in solution, under native, non-denaturing conditions. We can perform quality control of protein samples (folding, stability, aggregation, etc.); characterize protein conformation and shape in solution; and measure protein binding to proteins, peptides, small molecules and other ligands (including determination of equilibrium (Kd) and kinetic rate (kon, koff) constants, stoichiometry, binding enthalpy and entropy.
- For all protein production services the service fee is charged in advance.
- Once a protein production service starts, there will be no refunds even if canceled. However, we may give a discount on a subsequent service. The amount of the discount will depend on the actual labor and expenses spent on the project before cancellation.
- Due to the uncertainties associated with cell culture and protein expression, the time frames given for the protein production services are for the orientation only. While, we will try our best to carry out ordered services within the given time frames, we can not guarantee that.
- Due to the uncertainties associated with the protein expression, the protein expression trials do not guarantee protein solubility and yield. It is an exploratory service where we try several expression strategies for the given expression system (E. coli, insect, mammalian) with a goal to achieve a soluble protein expression and maximize yield. Detailed results of these trials will be delivered to the customer.
- Protein preparation services are ordered based on the cell culture volume. For soluble proteins we will deliver milligram to multi-milligram amounts of purified protein from each preparation. Yield of purified proteins depends on the expression level of particular constructs and also varies to some extend from preparation to preparation.
- For all training services the service fee is charged in advance.
- Fees for the instrument usage and sample analysis are charged after the service is provided.
- Fees for the sample analysis are charged strictly on the bases of time involved in conducting the experiment. I.e. the service fee will be charged even if during the experiment we will establish that the protein provided by customer is inactive; or titration did not yield Kd, because the binding was too weak.
- Sample handling fee will be charged if additional steps are necessary to perform the experiment (protein concentration measurement, buffer exchange, sample concentrating, etc.).
Andrey Bobkov | Facility Manager
Phone: 858-646-3100 x3515
Location and hours of operation
Monday through Friday
8AM to 5PM
Building 5 - Room 5106