As of Sunday, November 3rd, 2019: The system is up and running.
Please e-mail me ASAP if you run into any problems you cannot solve.
Peak Usage hours and rates were last updated on July 11, 2019
Please select Assisted Usage or Training if needed (only available during Peak Hours).
Minimum reservation is 30 minutes.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING DATA STORAGE POLICIES (as of February 2019):
The internal hard drive (DATA1) is for short term storage only. This allows space for new data. All files created/modified on DATA1 are duplicated daily (7 days a week, 365 days per year) onto the QNAP external drive for long term storage. Deltavision Files (.dv) older than 6 months on DATA1 will be deleted whenever the hard drive approaches 90% capacity.
Users who occupy >400 GB of DATA1 will will be notified their files will be deleted at a faster rate, until they fall below this limit.
If the administrator removes files that are older than 24 hours from DATA1, this DOES NOT result in any loss of data and there is no need to notify the affected user, because these files already exist on the QNAP.
Long term copies on the QNAP (up to 1 TB total per user) are available for at least 3 years. Beyond that, QNAP files may remain for up to 10 years if space allows.
- Users are limited to 1 terabyte (TB) of space on the QNAP. If users exceed that amount, excess data will be transferred to a Google Team Drive in the cloud.
- Data from users no longer associated with CWRU will be transferred to a Google Team Drive and made available to the affected users indefinitely.
- The automatic daily data backup system from DATA1 to QNAP occurs at ~3pm.
- If you wait until after 3 pm to move files created in the morning, unnecessary duplicates will be created.
- Reorganization of files/folders on DATA1 needs to be limited, in order to prevent duplicates being created and wasting space. See guidelines below:
We are checking the availbility and attempting to update your requested times. You will be notified if your reservation is successfully created.